Renewing a Passport
Any applicant with a 5 year passport must renew in person. Here for more info.
You can renew your passport by mail using a DS82 form if you answer yes to ALL 5 of the statements below
1. You have your passport to submit with your application
2. It's undamaged other than normal wear and tear
3. Was issued when you were age 16 or older
4. Was issued within the last 15 years
5. Was issued in your current name or you can document your name change
If you answer no to any of these quesstions you must apply in person.
Click here for more information from the U.S. Dept. of State