top of page

Lost & Stolen Passports

Report your physical U.S. passport lost or stolen immediately to protect yourself from identity theft. You can replace it now or later - it's up to you! 

Records and IT systems do not connect to the records or systems of outside companies. No one can access records or obtain copies of a U.S. citizen’s records by using a passport number.

No one can travel internationally using only a U.S. passport number. Travelers must present an original, physical version of a U.S. passport book or U.S. passport card upon entering a foreign country and when returning to the United States from a foreign country.

The U.S. passport book and passport card are highly secure documents with numerous security features designed to prevent successful counterfeiting. 

To replace a lost or stolen passport, you must fill out a DS11 form and apply in person. You can replace it now or later - it's up to you! 

How to Report your Lost or Stolen Passport

Report your passport lost or stolen by using one of the 3 options below:


Click on the tool below, and navigate to the "Report Lost or Stolen" tab.

Complete, sign, and mail Form DS-64 to the address on the form.

Call toll-free 1-877-487-2778 (TTY 1-888-874-7793). If you want to apply for a new passport, you'll have to also fill out the paper Form DS-64 to turn in with your application.

bottom of page